We believe that the mission of a BASIC church is to proclaim the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (John 12:32), and to provide a Biblically faithful environment in which people of all ages may come to personal salvation, grow in grace, and live with the joyful assurance of their eternal salvation.
While other interests such as sports, social networking, arts, crafts, and many other activities have value, there are sufficient outlets for these types of wholesome involvements outside of the church. We believe that the Christian influence of our members who participate in these, and similar activities, benefits society as a whole. Therefore, as a BASIC church we focus our energies and resources on such things as may directly contribute to the spiritual well being of those we serve.
The Purpose of a BASIC Church
Biblically Affirming Salvation in Christ
- Biblically – We affirm the Bible as the ageless and infallible truth. "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away" (Matthew 24:35).
- Affirming – We affirm that God is calling all persons to repentance. "God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent" (Acts 17:30).
- Salvation – We affirm the need of the new birth for all persons. "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
- In – We affirm that anyone can enter into a right relationship with God. "For in Him we live and move and exist" (Acts 17:28).
- Christ – We announce the good news of the Kingdom. "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations" (Acts 24:14).